When it comes to NFTs, this market managed to reach the popularity of cryptocurrencies over a short time. The technology behind these non-fungible tokens is the same as for crypto, the blockchain. Also, we have to mention that the main advantage is that you can save your copyrights by minting an NFT of some digital content. The most popular options in recent times are pictures and GIFs. The trending is changing very fast, and one of the most popular NFT collections at this moment is Bored Ape Yacht Club. The interesting fact is that even some celebrities like Jimmy Fallon and Eminem decided to invest money in these tokens. The advantage of that is an even higher value that is expected over time. Popular TV face has paid over $200k for his token, while a famous rapper spent nearly half a million dollars for a token that represents an ape with a hat. The predictions are saying that chances are great for NFTs released by Bored Ape might reach a much higher value during 2022. Besides apes, there are other animals like Panda NFT, Bears, Shark’s available as well. You can check all available options at our website. The collection is quite impressive as well, with 10,000 available options. You should know that not all of them are so expensive but could reach a significantly higher price over time. Here are some of the most expensive tokens that were sold in 2022 by now.
1. BAYC #2087
This Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT is the most expensive one which was sold till now. This Monkey NFT is currently in possession of IPCollector on the OpenSea platform. The price which this collector paid for this NFT is 769 ETH on 30. September 2021 which is roughly $2.2 millions. Those are traits which this Bored Ape has:
– Background: Purple Only 13% of Bored Apes NFT has this background, next most expensive Bored Ape NFT with this background is BAYC #9568.
– Eyes: Angry Just about 4% of all BAYC has this type of eye generated. So this trait is a bit rare. Some of other Bored Ape NFT which has this rare trait are BAYC #3368, BAYC #8242 and BAYC #3209.
– Fur Type: Trippy This Fur Type is one of the rarest traits which can be found on Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT and only 0.77% of BAYC has this Fur type. So there are only 82 BAYC NFT’s which have Trippy Fur Type.
– Mouth: Bored Cigarette Last, but not the worst trait is mouth on this NFT. Bored with Cigarettes which has around 7% of BAYC.
2. BAYC #3749
Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT another monkey themed NFT which sold for an enormous amount of money and now it’s part of TheSandboxGame collection which counts over 2.000 NFT’s right now. This monkey NFT is sold 3 times till now. First sale 105 ETH, second 400 ETH and third 740 ETH. The last sale was made on 06. September 2021. This price in US dollars was around $2.9 millions. Those are traits which this Bored Ape has:
– Background: Yellow Only 13% of Bored Apes NFT has this background, next most expensive Bored Ape NFT with this background is BAYC #7899.
– Clothes: Black T-Shirt Rare traits on those NFT’s are clothes, particularly black ones are hard to find. And only 3% of Bored Ape yacht Club NFT have this Black T-Shirt on them.
– Eyes: Laser Eyes Just 0.69% of all BAYC has this type of eye generated. So this trait is a legendary rarity. Some of other Bored Ape NFT which has this rare trait are BAYC #8208, BAYC #5378 and BAYC #1536.
– Fur Type: Trippy This Fur Type is one of the rarest traits which can be found on Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT and only 0.46% of BAYC has this Fur type. So there are only 47 Gold Fur BAYC NFT’s which have Trippy Fur Type.
– Hat: Sea Captain’s Hat Some of those NFT’s have their hat generated which is the case with this one. And 3% of BAYC have this type of hat.
– Mouth: Small Grin 3% have this trait
3. BAYC #8585
Another expensive NFT from the BAYC collection. This one is sold for 696.969 ETH. A very interesting number for a price we must admit. Let’s talk about the traits:
– Background: Blue – 12% Bored Apes have this trait
– Eyes: Hearth – 4% Bored Apes have this trait
– Fur: Trippy – 0.77% Bored Apes have this trait
– Hat: King’s Crown – 0.77% Bored Apes have this trait
– Mouth: Phoneme Vuh – 3% Bored Apes have this trait
4. BAYC #7090
Sold for 600 ETCH on 2. September 2022.
– Background: New Punk Blue – 12% Bored Apes have this trait
– Clothes: Service – 1% Bored Apes have this trait
– Eyes: Hearth – 4% Bored Apes have this trait
– Fur: Solid Gold – 0.46% Bored Apes have this trait
– Mouth: Grin Multicolor – 1% Bored Apes have this trait
5. BAYC #8135
Sold for 550 ETCH on 17. September 2022.
– Background: Army Green – 12% Bored Apes have this trait
– Clothes: Hip Hop – 1% Bored Apes have this trait
– Earring: Silver Stud – 8% Bored Apes have this trait
– Eyes: Hypnotized – 2% Bored Apes have this trait
– Fur: Black – 12% Bored Apes have this trait
– Hat: Trippy Captain’s Hat – 0.65% Bored Apes have this trait
– Mouth: Bored Unshaved – 0.28% Bored Apes have this trait
Some Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT’s which are with mentioning:
We will start with the famous token that is now owned by Eminem. Many people were surprised by this move of the popular rapper. However, you shouldn’t be so surprised when you see the appearance of the ape chosen by Marshall. What makes it so unique and reliable to the artist is the hat similar to one that is often seen on Eminem. At the moment when the rapper decided to buy this unit, the price of it was nearly $500k. The influence of celebrities is huge. Therefore, we can expect that all of the 10,000 pieces in this collection will gain higher value as well.
This is an option bought by Jimmy Fallon. While there are no clear resemblances like with the one chosen by Eminem, Jimmy did a great move by getting an option with some unique features. The collection of 10,000 units has different levels of uniqueness. For example, only 300 apes in the collection have the same striped shirt and hat. The sunglasses are reserved for 400 pictures, while the only thing that is more common is the background color.
This trend is the best example of how things can get very popular among celebrities and brands. The next option is acquired by one of the best soccer players today Neymar Junior. He bought a unit 6633 for over $500k. Interestingly, he chose an option that represent a pink ape comedian wearing a party hat and making a bubble from chewing gum. It might be related to how Neymar is making fun of his opponents on the field with his remarkable talent and skills. Neymar recently decided to buy another token as well, the Ape 5269, and the price was around $450,000.
The famous DJ Steve Aoki is known for his investments in this market. He already possesses several NFTs from other companies, and he recently decided to add one from the Bored Ape collection. However, even though the amount he spent is also quite high, it is much lower when compared to other celebrities since he bought his ape for around $120k.
The interesting this is that there was a real hype on January 1, when a lot of people decided to invest in NFTs from this collection. For instance, Eminem bought his new logo on this day. When it comes to ape 6877, it was acquired by Meek Mill for around $250k.
NFT Lion and Monkey Making Out
One of the biggest scandals on twiter was all around this “NFT”. Profile under username “reactions” published idea of NFT how Lion and Monkey are making out. Those 2 animals from famouse NFT collections Bored Ape Yacht Club and Lazy Lions
are kissing sensualy in a hug. Which triggered some of the people, while mayor part of twitter community loved it! For now this idea is still not implemented in the world of NFT and for now its only jpeg.
Maybe this is new way to expres your feelings and emotions in future. Surely it spiked reactions among the audiance.
Why Is Bored Ape So Popular?
It is not a rare case that companies introduce big collections with different characteristics, from whom some are more unique. For example, you can buy NBA Top Shot gifs, and various levels are depending on the skill presented and players involved in animation. The same is with Bored Ape with over 150 different features like accessories, backgrounds, expressions, and more. Another reason is related to the fact that many celebrities and brands already own some of these tokens, which can be a great way for other companies and popular names to reach more audiences as well. The predictions for values in 2022 are quite positive. This is the best example of how making a good move and buying some option right after the introduction to the market might provide you with a huge profit. For instance, you could have bought some Bored Ape mint for around $500 during 2020. According to some experts, the average value of these NFTs might reach $100,000 by the end of 2022. That means that some unique pictures will cost millions of dollars. That will surpass the records from 2021, when some of the rarest options were sold for over $1 million, like ape 5199, which was sold for $1.3 million.
The Bottom Line
When there is hype over some digital content, you can expect that many popular names and brands will decide to become a part of it. For instance, Adidas also owns a unit from the Bored Ape collection, as well as some other brands. Another reason to consider investing in NFTs is the expansion of metaverse. This will become a new trend in future where the main goal will be to possess digital content in different forms. The best way for keeping your digital assets is by using them in the form of NFTs. For some it might seem as too risky, but this is still a new market with a lot of potential. In that matter, it is always a good choice to research new options that might become popular over time. Making a good choice could provide you with a huge profit.